Rosemary Olive Oil & Vermont Maple Balsamic
Rosemary Olive Oil paired with Vermonth Maple Dark Balsamic!
You will recieve 1 bottle of each the oil and vinegar - just choose what size you'd like to recieve!
What you will need:
- 1 large butternut squash, cut into 3/4
- 1 large yellow onion, cut
- 1/4 cup of our Rosemary Olive Oil
- Ground pepper
- Habanero or Kosher Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup of our Vermont Maple Dark Balsamic
- 5 slices bacon
- 3 to 4 cups of unsalted chicken stock
- 1tbsp of dired rosemary herbs
1. Preheat the oven to 425⁰. In a large bowl toss the squash and onions with the Rosemary Olive Oil, pepper and habanero sea salt. Spread your mixture out on a half sheet pan and roast for 55 minutes, tossing halfway through to ensure that the squash is tender but still holds its shape.
2. After the squash is in the oven brush the bacon both sides with the Vermont Maple Balsamic, lay it on a second half sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes, turning once halfway through. When finished removed to a plate to cool.
3. Next, add the chicken stock to a pot on the stove, bring to a simmer but do not boil.
4. When the squash is tender put half of it in a blender, add enough stock to cover and blend in batches until desired consistency. Stir in more warmed stock if you prefer a thinner consistency. Remove to a warmed pot and taste. Season with more salt or pepper if needed.
5. Rip the Vermont Maple Balsamic glazed bacon into pieces and toss it in. Stir gently. Garnish each serving with a pinch of dried rosemary herbs!